Street Art: 13th Arrondissement (Part 2)

The 13th Arr. seems to be the epicenter of Paris street art. There are not only numerous building-scale artworks, but decent quality graffiti abounds. There are also quite a few Invaders (invading, I guess).


 
Slow down and check out the 13th Arr.

This is not just my opinion. The Paris Convention and Visitors Bureau has put together a street art walking tour of the 13th. I've seen most of the large-scale, commissioned works they include in the map, since they center around the apparthotel where we stayed for a month when we first arrived in Paris. But walking around the neighborhood for the first time since then reminded me of how much there is to see in between the major would--which, if you stopped to pay attention to all of it, would make the entire walk daunting.

I may do it anyway, if the cold, rainy weather ever relents. I can at least skip the Shepard Fairy wall. It's nice, but he's more of a t-shirt company these days. It seems so familiar that, chances are, you'd walk right past it the same way you'd drive right past a Nike billboard on a US highway. On the other hand, I would definitely return to INTI's La Madre Secular II. It's big, beautiful, and besides, it's on the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Nouveau Fever Dream: 29 Ave. Rapp

Street Art: 12th Arr.

Side Trips: The Arctic Circle